Flavored E-liquids are without a doubt the most attractive feature of an electronic cigarette. Sure, it is nice to know that you can smoke them anywhere you want, that they smell nice, and that they look cool, but the exotic flavors offered by various manufacturers are too tasty to resist. In the past few years, people have become extremely creative with their device.
Now they no longer purchase a simple personal vaporizer, they purchase a lot of pieces which they put together in order to create the ultimate electronic cigarette. As a matter of fact, there are actually a lot of electronic cigarette conventions where passionate little inventers show off their latest designs. From steam punk themed personal vaporizers, to heavily decorated models, users have made from device customization some sort of lost art.
In case you didn’t know, E-liquids can also be made at home. The atomized liquid is just water, flavorings, a certain percentage of pure nicotine and E-Liquid base. This means that it isn’t difficult at all to conduct your own little formula. If you haven’t had the luck to taste the awesome flavors by blu, here are a few ways for you to create your own aromas.
- As mentioned earlier, the substances that can be found in the electronic liquid should also be used for the creation of your own liquid. The E-liquid base, which is usually Propylene Glycol, Vegetable Glycerin or PG400 is the special ingredient that creates smoke or fog. The flavorings, as well as the base, should have food grade and high temperature resistance. Furthermore, you should purchase water soluble flavorings. As far as flavors are concerned, you can choose whatever you want.
- If you want to add nicotine to your liquid, you can do so, but there are a lot of users who don’t need nicotine. Nevertheless, this optional additive might make the experience more pleasurable for a recently changed smoker.
- You could also use distilled water (filtered water) too smoothen the liquid, and to avoid administering too many chemicals to the lungs. Although it has not been proven that electronic cigarettes are healthy or bad, you should not inhale too much pure nicotine or propylene glycol.
- From now on it is all up to taste. Usually, it is recommended to add approximately 10-20$ flavor to your E-liquid base. Luckily for you, there are many online E-liquid calculator for do-it-yourself people who want to save money and also create the perfect batch of flavors.
- There is no perfect recipe. In most cases it depends on taste, and type of vapors that the user wants to create. Most of the times, you can dilute the solution in order to thicken the concoction.
Keep in mind that although it is possible to create your very own E-liquid, from the comfort of your home, the process is a difficult one because you never know when you might get it wrong. I recommend you to use calculator for liquids, or to ask a friend with experience for a little help.