Have you ever been a maid of honor in a friend or family member’s wedding? Yes, this is certainly an exciting prospect because it is a very important role and you will be highly noticed by all the guests. There are some perks you can enjoy too. In my case, I had the privilege of having an exquisite gown that was a notch higher than the rest of the entourage. And of course this was given for free! What’s more, the bride and groom opted to include me in their hair and make-up package. Lastly, I had the opportunity to ride with the bride in her sparkling white bridal car which was the latest Mercedes Benz model then.
Of course being the maid of honor is not just about looking gorgeous on that day and staying by the bride’s side. You have to take note of these essential Maid Of Honor’s Duties that come with the title:
- You are in charge of accompanying the bride when she needs a companion during the wedding prep stage.
- You have to keep her on her toes and away from getting cold feet.
- You must plan and implement a bachelorette party for the bride.
- You should coordinate with the bridesmaids on how you can help during the wedding itself.
- You ought to give a heartfelt and meaningful speech during the wedding reception.
Keep in mind that ultimately, this is not your day but the bride’s. Do everything you can make her happy and relaxed, and you will definitely be able to fulfill your duties wonderfully.